The opportunities and graduation projects (e.g. MSc thesis projects) for MSc students are listed below. If you have a specific interest or you want to explore NIOZ research, please browse the webpages of our research departments: Estuarine & Delta Systems, Coastal Systems, Ocean Systems and Marine Microbiology & Biogeochemistry. You can contact linked scientists directly to inquire about possibilities for an internship or graduation project.
- The role of Whittard Canyon in particle dispersal and retention
- New calcite growth experiments for a better understanding of paleoclimates and biomineralization
- There’s something fishy about phosphorus cycling in the oceans
- Reconstructing carbon and nutrient cycling in the Benguela upwelling system
- Unraveling the sources of algal lipids in the Black Sea water column by a combined lipidomic and genomic approach
- Establishing a long-term experimental evolution experiment of an archaeal host-symbiont system
- Marine Organic Biogeochemistry
- Movement ecology of migratory shorebirds in the Dutch Wadden Sea
- The gut microbiome and personality in free-living red knots
- How do birds with different feeding specialisations utilize the food landscape?
- Seabird diets and population dynamics
- Movement ecology meets disease ecology
- Impacts of biological invasions on species interactions, food webs and diseases
- Controlled growth experiments yield insight into bivalve shell mineralization and chemistry
- Ecosystem functioning expressed by bioturbation
- Providing a mechanistic understanding how to maximize combined nature and coastal protection goals
- Biogeomorphic landscape formation by ecosystem engineers: generalizing across species
- Developing knowledge to preserve and restore coastal ecosystems
- Identifying the relation between the traits of intertidal-organism and the ecosystem services they provide
- Hydrodynamic ecology: unraveling hydrodynamic effects on behavior, resources and thereby communities
- Present-day sea-level change along the coast of Brazil
NIOZ provides accommodation for interns at Campus De Potvis on Texel and guesthouse De Keete in Yerseke. For Campus De Potvis, reservations must be made via the Potvis booking website. For accommodation at NIOZ Yerseke, please contact the caretaker of De Keete, Jan Megens.