Your privacy is important to NIOZ Royal Netherlands Institute for Sea Research (hereafter referred to as ‘NIOZ’). This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that NIOZ collects, and the ways in which NIOZ uses that personal information for its general website https://www.nioz.nl
NIOZ websites are subject to Dutch Law. Please note that our job application website https://www.workingatnioz.com is an independent website with its own Privacy Statement.
Personal information collection
NIOZ may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your use of this website by collecting ‘cookies’.
- information that you provide using for the purpose of registering with the website (including filled in registration forms for participating in events that NIOZ organises;
- information about transactions carried out over this website (including payments for the events organised by NIOZ as mentioned above);
- information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website services;
- any other information that you send to NIOZ
Using personal information
NIOZ may use your personal information to:
- administer this website;
- personalize the website for you;
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- publish information about you on the website;
- supply to you services that you purchase;
- send to you statements and invoices;
- collect payments from you
- send you newsletters and other updates of our activities
Where NIOZ discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, NIOZ may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
NIOZ will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
NIOZ may store all personal information you provide on its servers.
Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology.
Cross-border data transfers
- This website contains links to other websites outside NIOZ. NIOZ is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party. Although all links are tested when new, links may change or disappaear over time. Therefore NIOZ cannot be held responsible to the functioning of links to other website outside its jurisdiction.
- NIOZ is not liable for the use made of this information by third parties or for the third-party documents that can be accessed via these electronic documents.
- The electronically available texts are intended to provide general information to the researchers, other professional users and the public. No rights can be derived from these texts.
- The information and contact details on this site are expressly not intended for use related to purposes outside of NIOZ's working area. Therefore without the written permission of NIOZ it is not permitted to include e-mail addresses or other data from this site in databases, relations databases or products in relation to such a use. NIOZ reserves the right to claim damages for the undesired use of such data in whatever manner that may have occurred.
- The automated or serial sending of e-mail or other types of electronic messages to several e-mail addresses of NIOZ employees is, in principle, construed as misuse and the origin of the addresses is not relevant in this respect. An exception to this is made for the case that the employees concerned have given their individual permission for this sending.
Updating this statement
Dr. J.P. Boon, Communication & PR
- by email to jan.boon[at]nioz.nl
- by post to Dr. Jan P. Boon, Head Communication & PR, NIOZ Royal Netherlands Institute for Sea Research, P.O. Box 59, 1790 AB Den Burg, the Netherlands
This document was created from a Contractology template available at http://www.contractology.com.