Microbial Physiology and membrane-lipid biosynthesis
My research focuses on the biosynthesis of membrane lipids in microbes; by combining classic microbiological cultivation (aerobic and anaerobic), biochemistry and molecular biology, I study the biosynthetic pathways of membrane lipids in bacteria.
Bacterial membranes change in response to environmental conditions and different types of stress. I investigate which factors change the lipid composition of bacteria-producing membrane-spanning (ether) lipids.
- Postdoc, August 2017 -Present, MMB-Royal Netherlands Institute for Sea Research
- Postdoc, August 2016 -July 2017, CIGOM- Research consortium of the Gulf of Mexico, Biotechnology Institute -Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
- Postdoc, June 2015-July 2016, Molecular Microbiology Laboratory, Biotechnology Institute -Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
- 2009 - 2015 Ph.D. in Biomedical Sciences , Center for Genomic Sciences, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico.
- 2003 - 2007 B.Sc. Biology, Benemerita Universidad Autonoma de Puebla.