NIOZ science departments manage a number of location-based research facilities on Texel and in Yerseke. These include climate laboratories and a molecular biology laboratory.
NIOZ location facilities include:
- Flume facilities for currents and waves, including a large laminar flume, annular flumes, and wave mesocosms;
- Analytic laboratory for chemical analyses, climate rooms and greenhouse;
- Hydrodynamic and sedimentary measurement equipment, eddy-correlation systems, sediment profiling facilities, sediment loggers;
- Remote sensing facilities, including drones, a laserscanner, in situ spectroradiometry.
- Extensive computing facilities, including GPU and Cluster computing, R-platform for scientific computing.
More information about all our facilities in Yerseke: Prof. dr. Klaas Timmermans (head EDS)
- Climate laboratories (contact Biem Trap)
- High resolution ICP-MS element analysis (prof. dr. Gert-Jan Reichart)
- Molecular Biology Laboratory (dr. Judith van Bleijswijk)
- Monitoring and observation (dr. Katja Philippart)
- Radio-isotopes (prof. dr. ir. Jaap Sinninghe Damsté)
- Stable isotopes (prof. dr. ir. Jaap Sinninghe Damsté)
- Seaweed centre; (prof. dr. Klaas Timmermans)