A number of opportunities for internships and graduation projects for HBO students (students from Universities of Applied Sciences) are listed below. In addition, if you have a specific interest or you want to explore NIOZ research, you can also browse the webpages of our research departments: Estuarine & Delta Systems, Coastal Systems, Ocean Systems and Marine Microbiology & Biogeochemistry. Please contact the scientists directly to inquire about possibilities for an internship or graduation project (please include your c.v.).
- Selective breeding for sterile sugar kelp
- The effect of temperature on North Sea seaweeds
- Antioxidant and bioactivity assays of seaweed constituents from red seaweeds
- Providing a mechanistic understanding how to maximize combined nature and coastal protection goals
- Biogeomorphic landscape formation by ecosystem engineers: generalizing across species
- Developing knowledge to preserve and restore coastal ecosystems
- Identifying the relation between the traits of intertidal-organism and the ecosystem services they provide
- Hydrodynamic ecology: unraveling hydrodynamic effects on behavior, resources and thereby communities
NIOZ offers limited accommodation for interns at Campus De Potvis on Texel and guesthouse De Keete in Yerseke. For Campus De Potvis, reservations must be made via the Potvis booking website. For accommodation at NIOZ Yerseke, please contact the caretaker of De Keete, Jan Megens.